Armas de Fogo e Equipamentos em Geral

Assuntos em discussão: Exército Brasileiro e exércitos estrangeiros, armamentos, equipamentos de exércitos em geral.

Moderadores: J.Ricardo, Conselho de Moderação

Mensagem
Autor
cabeça de martelo
Sênior
Sênior
Agradeceram: 2761 vezes

Re: Armas de Fogo e Equipamentos em Geral

#5221 Mensagem por cabeça de martelo » Seg Jul 29, 2024 9:03 am

"Lá nos confins da Península Ibérica, existe um povo que não governa nem se deixa governar ”, Caio Júlio César, líder Militar Romano".

Portugal está morto e enterrado!!!

https://i.postimg.cc/QdsVdRtD/exwqs.jpg
cabeça de martelo
Sênior
Sênior

#5222 Mensagem por cabeça de martelo » Qua Jul 31, 2024 6:55 am

SSV 24 is Dead, Long Live AK 24

Imagem

The Swedish and Finnish firearms programs are steadily moving forward, and a few key events have taken place since we last discussed the topic. As such, and with much of the information only being found in non-English sources, a revisit is in order.

The first thing to clear up is that SSV 24 as a designation is dead. For non-Swedes this might be a non-issue, but the original designation for the short-barreled 5.56 NATO carbine did ruffle a few feathers. In short, the nomenclature in Swedish and English does not translate one-to-one, with both the G3 and the FNC being known as Automatkarbin (AK, automatic carbine) in Swedish. For the shorter weapon, it was felt by someone at some point in the project that it was more properly described as a Personal Defence Weapon, PDW, an established phrase in English. However, it must be said the way the term is used in English – a PDW is a compact sub-machine gun like weapon firing a faster and smaller bullet compared to SMGs, think MP7 or P90 – doesn’t really match this Swedish usage. However, the role envisioned by the Swedes as a weapon packing a punch but still small enough to be carried by personnel whose primary task isn’t to fire a rifle does match the general idea behind the PDW-concept. And with the word ‘carbine’ already used by everything up to and including G3s, translating PDW into Självskyddsvapen (SSV) probably seemed straightforward enough. However, a lot of people didn’t agree, and thought the phrase sounded like the carbine was either A) a ‘true’ PDW, or B) something along the lines of mace or a taser. Neither of these interpretations made sense, and as such it was decided earlier this year that since the carbine was in fact a carbine, it was renamed as AK 24 in line with earlier Swedish weapons.

Imagem

AK 24 in what apparently is very close to the configuration it will have when entering service. The picture was taken during a course at HVSS, the Home Guard’s combat school. Note e.g. the barricade stop, non-window PMAG, Aimpoint CompM5 (Rödpunktsikte 18 EHV B), and co-witnessed back-up iron sights. Source: HVSS FB
However, the majority of Swedish soldiers won’t get the AK 24, which is the 11.5” variant (sometimes referred to as 12”, though my understanding is that the length is in fact 11.5”), but instead the AK 25. The big news on the Swedish front during the last twelve months is that the configuration for AK 25 – including calibre – is completely open. As is well-known by now, a quite significant number of soldiers were slated to get weapons chambered in 7.62 NATO as their main firearm, the result of a number of studies made by different Swedish government agencies and research facilities in the 2010’s. This was not a development that was greeted with open arms on social media or among those serving around Sweden, and in January the Swedish Armed Forces announced that Chief of the Army, major general Jonny Lindfors, had given orders to do a review of the calibre choices. The decision was made based on a number of factors having changed since 2018 – including both when it comes to technology, but also Sweden becoming a NATO-ally and the general security situation in the world having undergone rather drastic changes – but also included a line about the original reasoning behind the decision not having been communicated clearly enough.

That is the official line, and while it certainly hold true, the fact is also that a number of key personnel involved in making the original decisions based on the testing and research back then have since moved on to other positions or retired.

While the wind does seem to be blowing in the direction of 5.56 NATO being adopted for AK 25, at least officially the decision has not been made. It has widely been reported that the Home Guard has opted for 5.56 NATO as their primary calibre (note that HV currently uses 7.62 NATO extensively as the G3/AK 4 is their main weapon), but as colonel Michael Carlén – commanding officer of the Swedish wartime 4. Brigade and the one responsible for ensuring that the introduction of new firearms goes smoothly in his post as Införandeledare för nya eldhandvapen – noted in a podcast interview, that is not up to the Home Guard to decide. The Army is responsible for personal firearms, and while they obviously listen to and cooperate closely with HV (which is an independent fourth service branch in Sweden) the final decision rests with the earlier mentioned major general Lindfors. Those who have been following the world of service firearms are also bound to notice that the single most important technological development since 2018 has been that Sweden’s now-ally the US has (maybe) finally found a replacement for the M4 and M249 among combat troops in the form of the Next Generation Squad Weapons (NGSW) Program and the XM7 and XM250. The weapons chambered in the new 6.8×51 mm Common Cartridge (also known as .277 Fury on the civilian market) has raised question, but the fact is these are now being rolled out to combat units, with parts of the 506th Infantry Regiment of the 101st Airborne Division (of Band of Brothers-fame) having received their first weapons this spring. And the thing with 6.8×51 is the ease with which you can convert a rifle (capable of handling the pressure) between 7.62 NATO and 6.8 CC, allowing for cheaper rounds and less wear when training with the old reliable 7.62 NATO and then switching to 6.8 CC for combat. And as reported earlier here and confirmed by the court case documents released since then (we’ll get to those), Sako is an option here. While Carlén doesn’t want to guess what calibre AK 25 will feature, he did comment that he expect a decision during this year, with first deliveries of AK 25 taking place in 2026. The option of sticking with 7.62 NATO for a number of roles – and trying to communicate the reasoning behind it – is apparently still on the table.

https://corporalfrisk.com/2024/07/07/ss ... ive-ak-24/

"Lá nos confins da Península Ibérica, existe um povo que não governa nem se deixa governar ”, Caio Júlio César, líder Militar Romano".

cabeça de martelo
Sênior
Sênior

#5223 Mensagem por cabeça de martelo » Sáb Ago 03, 2024 11:31 am

cabeça de martelo
Sênior
Sênior

#5224 Mensagem por cabeça de martelo » Qua Ago 07, 2024 10:47 am

Israeli Army Launches Major Tender for 20,000 Locally Made M4 Assault Rifles.

On August 6, 2024, the Israeli Ministry of Defense officially launched a tender for the supply of 20,000 M4 assault rifles, fully designed and manufactured in Israel for the Israel Defense Forces (IDF). This tender is split into two lots, with the first comprising 14,000 rifles and the second 6,000, thus allowing two different manufacturers to each secure a part of the contract.

Imagem
IWI Arad Multi Caliber Assault Rifle (Picture source: IWI)

The anticipated participants in this contract include three major players in Israel's small arms industry: Israel Weapons Industries (IWI) with its Arad rifle, Emtan Karmiel with the MZ-4, and Silver Shadow with the Gilboa model. Testing and evaluation of the proposed prototypes have not yet started, but they are scheduled before the end of the year, when a final decision is expected.

The Arad rifle from IWI, adopted by the national counter-terror unit YAMAM, is based on the AR-15 platform and offers caliber options of either 5.56×45mm NATO or .300 AAC Blackout. It features the capability for rapid caliber change via an interchangeable barrel system and is designed to operate effectively even after complete immersion.

The MZ-4 from Emtan utilizes a piston-operated gas system, which enhances reliability over the direct gas impingement system typical of the M4/M16. It is available in several barrel lengths to suit the varied tactical needs of IDF units.

The Gilboa from Silver Shadow is equipped with a dual-barrel option, allowing for simultaneous firing, and is designed for versatility through the use of Picatinny rails for accessory attachments. It is available in multiple calibers, thus meeting various operational needs.

This tender reflects the Ministry of Defense's commitment to modernizing the IDF's equipment and promoting strategic autonomy and technological innovation within the Israeli defense industry.

Imagem

https://www.armyrecognition.com/news/ar ... ult-rifles

cabeça de martelo
Sênior
Sênior

#5225 Mensagem por cabeça de martelo » Ter Ago 13, 2024 6:51 am

Viktor Reznov
Sênior
Sênior
Agradeceram: 785 vezes

#5226 Mensagem por Viktor Reznov » Qua Ago 14, 2024 10:18 pm

cabeça de martelo escreveu: Qua Ago 07, 2024 10:47 am Israeli Army Launches Major Tender for 20,000 Locally Made M4 Assault Rifles.

On August 6, 2024, the Israeli Ministry of Defense officially launched a tender for the supply of 20,000 M4 assault rifles, fully designed and manufactured in Israel for the Israel Defense Forces (IDF). This tender is split into two lots, with the first comprising 14,000 rifles and the second 6,000, thus allowing two different manufacturers to each secure a part of the contract.

Imagem
IWI Arad Multi Caliber Assault Rifle (Picture source: IWI)

The anticipated participants in this contract include three major players in Israel's small arms industry: Israel Weapons Industries (IWI) with its Arad rifle, Emtan Karmiel with the MZ-4, and Silver Shadow with the Gilboa model. Testing and evaluation of the proposed prototypes have not yet started, but they are scheduled before the end of the year, when a final decision is expected.

The Arad rifle from IWI, adopted by the national counter-terror unit YAMAM, is based on the AR-15 platform and offers caliber options of either 5.56×45mm NATO or .300 AAC Blackout. It features the capability for rapid caliber change via an interchangeable barrel system and is designed to operate effectively even after complete immersion.

The MZ-4 from Emtan utilizes a piston-operated gas system, which enhances reliability over the direct gas impingement system typical of the M4/M16. It is available in several barrel lengths to suit the varied tactical needs of IDF units.

The Gilboa from Silver Shadow is equipped with a dual-barrel option, allowing for simultaneous firing, and is designed for versatility through the use of Picatinny rails for accessory attachments. It is available in multiple calibers, thus meeting various operational needs.

This tender reflects the Ministry of Defense's commitment to modernizing the IDF's equipment and promoting strategic autonomy and technological innovation within the Israeli defense industry.

Imagem

https://www.armyrecognition.com/news/ar ... ult-rifles
Será que isso será o fim do Tavor X-95?

I know the weakness, I know the pain. I know the fear you do not name. And the one who comes to find me when my time is through. I know you, yeah I know you.
arcanjo
Sênior
Sênior
Agradeceram: 815 vezes
Contato:

#5227 Mensagem por arcanjo » Dom Ago 18, 2024 9:21 am

Taurus lança carabina T9 na plataforma AR, em calibre 9 mm, a mais leve e única totalmente ambidestra
Tecnologia e Inovação

Imagem

:arrow: https://www.defesabrasilnoticias.com/20 ... forma.html

abs

arcanjo

cabeça de martelo
Sênior
Sênior

#5228 Mensagem por cabeça de martelo » Sáb Ago 24, 2024 9:14 am

Túlio
Site Admin
Site Admin
Agradeceram: 6555 vezes
Contato:

#5229 Mensagem por Túlio » Dom Ago 25, 2024 1:50 pm

cabeça de martelo escreveu: Sáb Ago 24, 2024 9:14 am
Nível 4 NIJ? É praticamente o nível 3 da STANAG 4569, que é a blindagem do Guarani nas partes mais resistentes!

E com uma pistola... 🫣

Be fearful when others are greedy and be greedy when others are fearful.

Warren Buffett
Viktor Reznov
Sênior
Sênior

#5230 Mensagem por Viktor Reznov » Seg Ago 26, 2024 6:56 pm

Vídeo com certeza falsificado. Isso deve ter sido uma placa de cerâmica nível NIJ 3, pq nem munição 5.56x45mm AP atravessa placa nível 4.

I know the weakness, I know the pain. I know the fear you do not name. And the one who comes to find me when my time is through. I know you, yeah I know you.
Lywis
Sênior
Sênior
Agradeceram: 111 vezes

#5231 Mensagem por Lywis » Qui Ago 29, 2024 7:08 pm

Que tal?

cabeça de martelo
Sênior
Sênior

#5232 Mensagem por cabeça de martelo » Sáb Ago 31, 2024 6:24 am

Túlio
Site Admin
Site Admin
Agradeceram: 6555 vezes
Contato:

#5233 Mensagem por Túlio » Sáb Ago 31, 2024 10:24 am

Viktor Reznov escreveu: Seg Ago 26, 2024 6:56 pm
Vídeo com certeza falsificado. Isso deve ter sido uma placa de cerâmica nível NIJ 3, pq nem munição 5.56x45mm AP atravessa placa nível 4.
Que eu saiba o 5,7x28 perfura nível II, nos coletes macios até IIIA. Por isso caí duro ao ver furando uma placa rígida alegadamente IV, e acrescentei o exemplo de um Guarani poder ser perfurado por uma Pst.

Be fearful when others are greedy and be greedy when others are fearful.

Warren Buffett
Viktor Reznov
Sênior
Sênior

#5234 Mensagem por Viktor Reznov » Sáb Ago 31, 2024 6:46 pm

Túlio escreveu: Sáb Ago 31, 2024 10:24 am
Viktor Reznov escreveu: Seg Ago 26, 2024 6:56 pm

Que eu saiba o 5,7x28 perfura nível II, nos coletes macios até IIIA. Por isso caí duro ao ver furando uma placa rígida alegadamente IV, e acrescentei o exemplo de um Guarani poder ser perfurado por uma Pst.
Pois é. Nem fodendo que essa boazuda usou uma placa Nível NIJ IV. Ela deve ter usado uma placa nível III que já passou da data de validade e já vinha com algum defeito estrutural prévio. Nem mesmo o 6.8 Sig Fury atravessa placas Nível IV sem múltiplos acertos numa mesma área.

cabeça de martelo
Sênior
Sênior

#5235 Mensagem por cabeça de martelo » Ter Set 10, 2024 12:54 pm

Responder