F-35 News

Assuntos em discussão: Força Aérea Brasileira, forças aéreas estrangeiras e aviação militar.

Moderadores: Glauber Prestes, Conselho de Moderação

Mensagem
Autor
knigh7
Sênior
Sênior
Agradeceram: 2410 vezes

Re: F-35 News

#3586 Mensagem por knigh7 » Dom Jan 24, 2021 2:51 pm

Túlio escreveu: Dom Jan 24, 2021 2:15 pm
Viktor Reznov escreveu: Sáb Jan 23, 2021 6:49 pm Que bagunça o desenvolvimento do F-35 está se mostrando.
Fico imaginando como está para os Russos e os chinas; depois do F-117 e do F-22 os ianques continuam a ter problemas sérios com esta tecnologia, daí se infere o quão complicado deve estar para a concorrência: o F-35 já está operacional há anos, em boa quantidade e segue encrenqueiro, e os deles, que continuam na fazer experimental? Já são três "gerações" de 5G (ou seja, experiência não falta) e os caras continuam apanhando, e os demais, que ainda estão na primeira?
Esse seu questionamento talvez seja respondido quando os russos começarem a exportar o Pak Fa (acho que a China não aceitará exportar os dela..). Na edição de maio de 2012 da AFM, na matéria sobre os J-11 chineses foi exposto que a Rússia vendeu-os com o ECCM downgraded.

Às vezes quando o operador que importou a aeronave está insatisfeito com algum ponto, pode ser que ele próprio vaze a informação, até como uma espécie de pressão sobre o governo no país fabricante.

cabeça de martelo
Sênior
Sênior
Agradeceram: 2797 vezes

#3587 Mensagem por cabeça de martelo » Qua Jan 27, 2021 8:36 am

What is good and bad about the F-35 cockpit: A ‘Panther’ pilot’s guide to modern cockpits

My background – Current F-35 pilot and Weapons School graduate. I Have flown the Harrier II and F/A-18 Hornet operationally as well as instructing Tactics and Weapons training squadrons.

I can’t speak with much first-hand credibility about the fighters of the 50s-70s, nor can I tell you much about any twin-seat fighter aircraft. Probably the oldest cockpit I have flown in as captain was the BAe Hawk T1A in the RAF. It was totally ‘steam driven’ with no digital instrumentation, but as an advanced trainer of its generation it had everything you needed. Someone once told me that the gun/bombsight was the same as used in the Hawker Hurricane – whilst that may not actually be true it was certainly of a similar vintage! By the ’90s it was definitely showing its age and the jump from Hawk T1 to any of the RAF’s frontline aircraft was (avionics wise) too much.
The T2 (Hawk Mk 128) was introduced sometime in the 00’s and was designed to mirror the Typhoon more or less exactly. It had three MFDs and a HUD and the radar simulator was pretty much an unclassified version of the Typhoon’s radar. We found that students stepping from the T2 to Typhoon were coping so much better than those who had flown just the T1.

Harrier II (GR7/9 AV-8B)

Imagem

I loved this cockpit, and to this day it remains my favourite ‘office’ of all I’ve flown. Plenty of space, a huge canopy with excellent visibility and reasonably well laid out instruments. It was a bit of a crossover between analogue and digital; it had a good HUD and two MFDs with the classic 20 pushbuttons around the outside. The Up Front Controller (UFC) was easy to use and well located, it made entering co-ordinates during CAS easy. Something that has been lost in all glass cockpits is the tactile feel of pressing buttons and knowing you got a response – I found you could enter Lat/Longs by feel whilst looking out the window. This is something you definitely can’t do ‘on the glass’ on current jets.
There was a lot of space taken up by the old analogue weapons control panel on the lower left, I’ve got to say I never used it other than to flick switches when I was bored on a long transit. The 6-pack of analogue flight instruments were purely there as a failsafe, although I have to say I loved the standby Attitude Indicator. It didn’t just tell you your attitude, but it also rotated and gave you a heading readout too – great for practice partial-panel approaches on your annual instrument rating checkride!
As for what made the jet unique, the nozzle lever. It was situated beside the throttle but was much smaller and of a different shape. We had it drilled into us during training that we had to be very sure which lever we were pulling in case we moved the wrong one. There was one crash during my time at an airshow on the South coast of England where the pilot moved the nozzles aft inadvertently when he should have moved the throttle to max. I will always remember the advice I was given by one of my instructors during the VSTOL phase of the Operational Conversion Unit – “if you move something in the cockpit and the jet does something scary – move it back!”

The HOTAS was intuitive and fairly common with most F-teen series jets. I particularly liked the Throttle Designation Controller (TDC) being on the top of the throttle and operated by your thumb – all those years of practice on the Playstation controller paid off and made slewing the Sniper pod second nature!

McDonnell Douglas F/A-18A/C Hornet

Imagem

Being a McDonnell-Douglas design I found this cockpit easy to convert to after the Harrier. It had an almost identical UFC and the same MFDs on the left and right, but this time with an additional larger MFD in the middle. It felt more cramped than the Harrier, certainly narrower but it was still well laid out.
Of course this jet had two engines for the first time in my career but I didn’t really notice a difference after a flight or two. It only got weird when you had one throttle off or at idle when dealing with an emergency; this was exacerbated if you had the right engine off and were flying on the left throttle as the push-to-talk switch was on the right throttle. It took a bit of dexterity at times to make sure you were pressing the correct switch.
The Hornet was a jet you could fly purely by feel, and indeed sound at times. The sound of the airflow over the LEX at high alpha was known as the ‘waterfall’. When flying BFM, if you were trying to out-rate your opponent you pulled back on the stick until it felt like the jet was driving over a cobblestone road. If you wanted to tighten the radius a little you would pull a little harder until you heard what sounds like ‘standing at the top of a waterfall’ – it’s obvious when you hear it! When you needed to pull someone into your HUD for a guns kill you would bury the stick into your guts until it sounded like you were standing ‘at the bottom of a waterfall’. Talking of stick movements, I have never experienced such violent and aggressive movements of a control stick in an aircraft before, you would literally pull or push it to the stops as fast and as hard as you could. Definitely a jet built to take abuse.

Imagem

Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II

Imagem

Obviously I’m limited in what I’m allowed to tell you about this machine, but I’ll stick to what is available in the public domain. First up, there’s no HUD as its all integrated into the helmet. The technology of the helmet is great, but I’d take a HUD any day. It all comes down to physics – you can only shrink things so much before they start to become degraded, and HUDs have bigger optics than helmets…currently.

The Hush-Kit Book of Warplanes has the finest cuts from Hush-Kit along with exclusive new articles, explosive photography and gorgeous bespoke illustrations. Order The Hush-Kit Book of Warplanes here

The side-stick is something I thought would be difficult to convert to, but in all honesty it was a non-event. The rest of the cockpit is beautiful to look at – nothing analogue, all digital with about 10 actual switches in the cockpit. Notice I say beautiful to look at, not necessarily beautiful to interact with! In theory the all-glass display is great. It’s touchscreen, you can set it up to show pretty much anything you want in any layout you want. Take, for example, a fuel display. You can have it in a large window that shows you everything you could possibly want to know about the aircraft’s fuel system; the contents of each tank, which pumps are operating, fuel temperature, centre of gravity etc. Or you can shrink it into a smaller window that only shows more basic info. Or you don’t even display it at all because the Function Access Buttons (FAB) along the top of the display always has a small fuel section with the essential info visible at all times. That’s the beauty of the display – size and customisation. The drawback is in the complete lack of tactile response. It can be challenging to press the correct ‘button’ on the display whenever the jet is in motion as it is quite a bumpy ride at times. At present I am pressing the wrong part of the screen about 20% of the time in flight due to either mis-identification, or more commonly by my finger getting jostled around in turbulence or under G. One of the biggest drawbacks is that you can’t brace your hand against anything whilst typing – think how much easier it is to type on a smartphone with your thumbs versus trying to stab at a virtual keyboard on a large tablet with just your index finger.

Voice input is another feature of the jet, but not one I have found to be useful. It may work well on the ground in a test rig, but under G in flight it’s not something I have found to work consistently enough to rely on. I haven’t met anyone who uses it.

Having bashed the interface, the way this jet displays information to you is incredible. The sheer amount of situational awareness I gain from this aircraft and its displays is like nothing I’ve experienced before. The off-boresight helmet is much more accurate than legacy JHMCS systems and I find it clearer to read (although I still want a wide-angle HUD for flight and fight-critical data!). About the only thing missing from the whole cockpit is the lack of ‘feel’.

https://hushkit.net/2021/01/21/what-is- ... -cockpits/

"Lá nos confins da Península Ibérica, existe um povo que não governa nem se deixa governar ”, Caio Júlio César, líder Militar Romano".

O insulto é a arma dos fracos...

https://i.postimg.cc/QdsVdRtD/exwqs.jpg
gogogas
Sênior
Sênior
Agradeceram: 222 vezes

#3588 Mensagem por gogogas » Qui Jan 28, 2021 11:54 am

Administração Biden suspende venda do F-35 para os Emirados Árabes Unidos

Gogogas !
Túlio
Site Admin
Site Admin
Agradeceram: 6595 vezes
Contato:

#3589 Mensagem por Túlio » Qui Jan 28, 2021 6:52 pm

gogogas escreveu: Qui Jan 28, 2021 11:54 am Administração Biden suspende venda do F-35 para os Emirados Árabes Unidos

WOW, Turquia de volta ao jogo? [005]

“Look at these people. Wandering around with absolutely no idea what's about to happen.”

P. Sullivan (Margin Call, 2011)
knigh7
Sênior
Sênior

#3590 Mensagem por knigh7 » Qui Jan 28, 2021 9:44 pm

É que o Biden quer a distensão com o Irã

knigh7
Sênior
Sênior

#3591 Mensagem por knigh7 » Qui Jan 28, 2021 9:46 pm

knigh7
Sênior
Sênior

#3592 Mensagem por knigh7 » Dom Jan 31, 2021 4:21 pm

USAF: Mais F-16 e menos F-35
A USAF poderá comprar novos F-16s e limitar os pedidos de F-35 em cerca de 1.050 em vez de 1.763

https://www.cavok.com.br/usaf-mais-f-16-e-menos-f-35

Wolfgang
Sênior
Sênior
Agradeceram: 45 vezes

#3593 Mensagem por Wolfgang » Ter Fev 02, 2021 11:33 am

Esse caça é caro e não tem performance interessante para muitos cenários... o Canadá não pode depender de F-35 para interceptar bombardeiro supersônico russo. Caça com prestações no mínimo duvidosas em alguns cenários. Gripen é o ideal para lá.

cabeça de martelo
Sênior
Sênior

#3594 Mensagem por cabeça de martelo » Ter Fev 02, 2021 12:31 pm

Wolfgang escreveu: Ter Fev 02, 2021 11:33 am Esse caça é caro e não tem performance interessante para muitos cenários... o Canadá não pode depender de F-35 para interceptar bombardeiro supersônico russo. Caça com prestações no mínimo duvidosas em alguns cenários. Gripen é o ideal para lá.
Ou o F/A-18E/F Super Hornet, especialmente sabendo que o modelo em questão apresentado ao Canadá tem CFT, radar AESA, IRST, etc.

Imagem

"Lá nos confins da Península Ibérica, existe um povo que não governa nem se deixa governar ”, Caio Júlio César, líder Militar Romano".

Túlio
Site Admin
Site Admin
Contato:

#3595 Mensagem por Túlio » Ter Fev 02, 2021 1:42 pm

Num cenário de longas distâncias mas que os alvos é que as terão que percorrer, já que a área mais habitada do Canadá é para o lado oposto e em que o engajamento será basicamente BVR contra alvos grandes, concordo com o @cabeça de martelo, lembrando que não vai demorar muito para os ianques terem seu equivalente ao Meteor. Sobre o proposto pelo @Wolfgang, me parece que a aviônica e especialmente o EW do Gripen (Arexis, enquanto o Growler continua usando basicamente os sistemas - pods, aliás até o IRST é em pod - do EA-6 Prowler) são bem superiores, além da maior facilidade em operar desdobrado e especialmente em obter a posição ideal para disparo em dogfight, que é o que os caças Russos vão procurar.

Me parece uma parada dura mas ser de procedência ianque ainda parece um ponto forte para o Super Hornet.

“Look at these people. Wandering around with absolutely no idea what's about to happen.”

P44
Sênior
Sênior

#3596 Mensagem por P44 » Qua Fev 24, 2021 5:24 am

The U.S. Air Force Just Admitted The F-35 Stealth Fighter Has Failed

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2 ... as-failed/

Triste sina ter nascido português 👎
cabeça de martelo
Sênior
Sênior

#3597 Mensagem por cabeça de martelo » Qua Fev 24, 2021 8:07 am

Uma coisa que a Força Aérea Norte-Americana aprendeu com os T-7 é que se consegue desenhar e produzir novos aviões com excelentes resultados recorrendo ao "eSeries".

https://www.boeing.com/features/2020/09 ... eries.page

Túlio
Site Admin
Site Admin
Contato:

#3598 Mensagem por Túlio » Qua Fev 24, 2021 1:53 pm

Não consigo evitar de pensar no que seria se os ianques fizessem com o T-7 o que fizeram com o T-38, com a exceção de que, além da exportação, fossem destinados também a substituir o F-16: é aumentar o tamanho e mudar um pouco o formato, trocar muito metal por composites, F-404 por F-414 EPE/EDE, botar aviônica ainda mais sofisticada, AESA etc e teriam um caça capaz de cumprir todas as missões do F-16 por uma fração do custo. Começou nisso:

Imagem

E poderia ter terminado nisso:

Imagem

Desta vez, ao invés de se contentarem com um F-5, estariam indo direto para o F-20 do século XXI. Mas claro, acho brabo isso, pra que fazer o mais lógico se dá pra fazer besteira durante anos e anos e ainda por cima gastando os tubos? That's the american way... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Pablo Maica
Sênior
Sênior
Agradeceram: 509 vezes

#3599 Mensagem por Pablo Maica » Qua Fev 24, 2021 4:02 pm

Pode ser que essa chance apareça, essa semana teve general da USAF admitindo que o F-35 é uma barca furada, ou melhor uma draga, e indicando que a USAF vai investir no programa de um caça de baixo custo geração 4+++.

Aliás só queria saber a quantas anda o arrependimento por terem comprado só um punhado de F-22 e ainda por cima terem destruído a linha de produção.

Um abraço e t+ :)

J.Ricardo
Sênior
Sênior
Agradeceram: 997 vezes

#3600 Mensagem por J.Ricardo » Qua Fev 24, 2021 5:28 pm

P44 escreveu: Qua Fev 24, 2021 5:24 am The U.S. Air Force Just Admitted The F-35 Stealth Fighter Has Failed

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2 ... as-failed/
Se isso realmente acontecer, muitos países aliados que apostaram no F-35 vão acabar com um mico muito caro nas mãos...

Não temais ímpias falanges,
Que apresentam face hostil,
Vossos peitos, vossos braços,
São muralhas do Brasil!
Responder