German air force only has four active Typhoon jets

Assuntos em discussão: Força Aérea Brasileira, forças aéreas estrangeiras e aviação militar.

Moderadores: Glauber Prestes, Conselho de Moderação

Mensagem
Autor
P44
Sênior
Sênior
Agradeceram: 2311 vezes

#1 Mensagem por P44 » Seg Jul 23, 2018 2:45 pm

Imagem

According to local media, the German air force only has four combat-ready Typhoon jets out of 128.

The Luftwaffe is dealing with a “massive problem” that has left all but four of its 128 Typhoon jets unavailable for combat missions, according to a report by German news outlet Spiegel.

It’s understood that the readiness issues are compounded by a lack of air-combat missiles. Because of that shortfall, only four of the fighters are currently ready for combat missions, according to Spiegel. According to the article:

“The problem is complicated. Put simply, all “Eurofighters” on the wings have a sensor that detects enemy jets or attacks and warns the pilot. About half a year ago, it was discovered that the pod is no longer properly cooled.”

According to other reports, Germany’s air force is in ‘dire straits’ and funds are urgently needed to modernise its weaponry and systems.

“The Luftwaffe is at a low point,” Lieutenant General Ingo Gerhartz, who took over as chief of staff of the air force about a month ago, told 200 industry executives. Gerhartz said his assessment followed visits to various air force sites and discussions with troops that revealed serious deficits in the readiness of aircraft and other equipment.

“Aircraft are grounded due to a lack of spare parts, or they aren’t even on site since they’re off for maintenance by the industry,” he said. According to Reuters, he said a 400-hour inspection of the Eurofighter combat jets now took a total of 14 months, twice as long as planned, and this was unacceptable.

His comments followed recent reports by the defence ministry and the German parliament’s military ombudsman that revealed significant gaps in military equipment and personnel.

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/german- ... hoon-jets/

Triste sina ter nascido português 👎
Viktor Reznov
Sênior
Sênior
Agradeceram: 762 vezes

Re: German air force only has four active Typhoon jets

#2 Mensagem por Viktor Reznov » Qui Jul 26, 2018 10:02 pm

Esse é o legado da Angela Merkel, tem dinheiro pra lotar a Alemanha de turcos mas não tem um centavo pra manter a frota dos EF-2000 voando. Lá na OTAN a Alemanha já é considerada como peso morto num hipotética guerra contra a Rússia e põem mais fé na Polônia.

I know the weakness, I know the pain. I know the fear you do not name. And the one who comes to find me when my time is through. I know you, yeah I know you.
gabriel219
Sênior
Sênior
Agradeceram: 2304 vezes

#3 Mensagem por gabriel219 » Qui Jul 26, 2018 11:43 pm

Não é apenas os EF-2000, mas praticamente toda a Bundeswehr.

Até aqueles 103 Leopards a serem modernizados estão em standby, por falta de terem liberado verba.

Se fóssemos inteligentes...

P44
Sênior
Sênior
Agradeceram: 2311 vezes

#4 Mensagem por P44 » Sex Jul 27, 2018 6:19 am

Na marinha os 6 submarinos e os 2 AORs estão inativos também. :lol:

Triste sina ter nascido português 👎
gusmano
Sênior
Sênior
Agradeceram: 198 vezes

#5 Mensagem por gusmano » Sex Jul 27, 2018 12:22 pm

Tá tranquilo, tá favoravel.

abs

Viktor Reznov
Sênior
Sênior
Agradeceram: 762 vezes

#6 Mensagem por Viktor Reznov » Sex Jul 27, 2018 3:24 pm

Imagem

I know the weakness, I know the pain. I know the fear you do not name. And the one who comes to find me when my time is through. I know you, yeah I know you.
FCarvalho
Sênior
Sênior
Agradeceram: 3137 vezes

#7 Mensagem por FCarvalho » Sex Jul 27, 2018 9:27 pm

A diferença é que na Alemanha com uma canetada eles resolvem os seus problemas prontamente,ao contrário de um certo lugar perdido abaixo da linha do Equador.

Abs

Um mal é um mal. Menor, maior, médio, tanto faz… As proporções são convencionadas e as fronteiras, imprecisas. Não sou um santo eremita e não pratiquei apenas o bem ao longo de minha vida. Mas, se me couber escolher entre dois males, prefiro abster-me por completo da escolha.
A. Sapkowski
Responder